ADHESIVE FILM INSTALLATION
STATIC CLING FILM INSTALLATION
TOOLS YOU NEED- A spray bottle & liquid soap : An empty and clean Windex bottle would work. - A plastic card squeegee : Even a plastic paint scraper or an old credit card might work. - A few paper towels (cotton clothe preferred) - A sharp retractable Knife - Someone who can give extra hands would be very helpful
1. CUT THE FILMIt is a good idea to start with small windows first especially when you are not experienced much. Measure the width and height of the glass surface keeping about
2. CLEAN THE WINDOWIt is very important to clean the area to which the film will be applied. Make ensure that it is free from grease, dirt, lint and grime.
3. WET THE WINDOWPut about 6-8 drops of very mild detergent or baby shampoo into a 32 oz. spray bottle filled with water. Spray & fully wet window until beads of the soapy water run down the glass. If the window becomes dry, rewet it completely before applying film. Don't try to apply in the direct hot sun as your solution will dry up pretty fast.
4. REMOVE THE LINER FROM THE FILMThe window film has 2 parts - the film and the clear Liner. Peel away corner of the liner first by attaching two pieces of tape firmly to the front and back side of film's corner. Pull them apart to separate the little portion of liner and the film. And wet/spray another next window's surface and cling this film on as liner side facing you. This will hold the film while you remove the rest of liner. (or have someone to hold the film while removing the liner) As you carefully peel the liner away, generously spray the soapy water the exposed adhesive sticky side of the film.
5. APPLY THE WET FILM ON THE WET WINDOWAfter liner is removed from the film, both window and the film should be fully wet with soapy water. Place the adesive side of the film gently on the glass. Handle the film carefully by holding corners to avoid wrinkles or finger prints. Once the film is applied on the window, move around the film for the right placement. If the film is stuck and not moving, you need to peel off the film a little and add more water spray on the window.
6. SQUEEGEE THE FILMNow using the plastic squeegee move from the center out towards the edges to remove water and air bubbles. Spraying water the film's surface will make squeegeeing process easier. Cover the squeegee blade with paper towel to prevent any scratches during this process. All geo window films has Scratch Resistance Coating but sharp plastic squeegee may leave scratch marks. You can remove large bubbles with the squeegee. Small bubbles smaller than 1/8" will disappear in a few days.
7. TRIM THE EDGESBy pressing the edge of the film to the window frame with your squeegee as a guide, trim the film around the four edges.
8. CLEAN AND CURINGClean the film with soapy water. It may take a few days to dry and completely stick to the glass.
Your satisfaction is our highest priority. We have served many satisfied customers in professional automotive industry as well as individuals since 2005. All of our GEO Films equal or even surpass the top quality of major brands in the window film market. We are promoting our sales through online directly from our factory to cut unnecessary cost but not the quality.